These smoked beef bites match perfectly well with the flavourful wasabi mayo.
3 pounds beef roast (sirloin, chuck, etc)
3 tablespoons oil
1 cup teriyaki marinade
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon wasabi powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1. Trim the beef roast of most fat and any membrane. Cut into 1/2 – 1 inch cubes
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, teriyaki marinade, soy sauce, chili flakes and honey. Dump the cubed beef in the bowl and toss so that the beef is fully coated in the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 8 hours. If possible, stir the beef a couple times during the marinating process.
3. Place the beef on smoker racks. If the beef is falling through, use the jerky racks or magic mats.
4. Set the smoker to 225 F using wood bisquettes of choice (mesquite, oak, hickory and pecan work great).
5. Smoke the beef for 2 – 3 hours. The outside of the beef should develop a glaze, as the marinade starts to caramelize.
6. Make the wasabi mayo by mixing together the wasabi powder and the lemon juice. Whisk into the mayonnaise until combined and smooth.
7. Serve the beef with the wasabi mayo.