Meatless Mondays don’t need to be bland. Here’s a great vegetarian recipe that is sure to please everyone at home!
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
½ Tsp chili powder
1 Tsp garlic powder
8 oz. Block of tempeh
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Mesquite
- Cut the tempeh into long strips, much like strips of bacon.
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, and garlic powder to make the marinade.
- Place tempeh strips into a bag and pour marinade over top.
- Seal and place in fridge overnight.
- The next day, preheat smoker to 200°F with Mesquite Flavor Bisquettes.
- Remove tempeh strips from brine and place on wire rack.
- Place in smoker and smoke for 1-2 hours, turning over at the halfway mark.
- Remove from smoker and serve as you would bacon – fried with breakfast, or in homemade Mac n’ Cheese!
Recipe by: Lena Clayton