Well, this is exciting! I am one of the new bloggers for Bradley Smokers and I could not be happier. I still remember the day, a number of years ago, when I bought my first Bradley Smoker.
It was the 4 Rack Digital smoker and, wow, did it ever open up cooking options for me. Although loving the classic BBQ, getting creative and trying new things to smoke seduces me. I am looking forward to sharing some of those creations with you!
As Simple as That: Everything is Better with Bacon
Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs are perfect for stuffing. They create delicious little bundles that are already portion-sized! Better yet if you wrap them with bacon because, well, its bacon, and everything is better with bacon.
Seriously though, the bacon provides some needed fat to help keep the chicken thigh nice and moist. Although there are many different stuffing options to choose from, here you will find three stuffing recipes that work great, while providing flavours.
Try any of these, or get creative and make your own stuffing. The possibilities are endless.
Smoked Stuffed Chicken Thighs
Ingredients are: eight boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, four thick slices or eight thin slices of bacon, BBQ sauce and string, In addition, just choose one of the stuffing suggestions below.
1. Heat Bradley Smoker to 250 F, using wood bisquettes of choice (hickory, apple, Jim Beam, all work well with this recipe).
2. If you are using thick bacon, cut each slice in half. Otherwise, If using thin/normal slices, then leave them whole.
3. On a cutting board, place a strip of bacon and a chicken thigh on it. Just a modest amount of stuffing on the middle of the chicken thigh will be enough. Finally, wrap the chicken thigh and bacon around the stuffing tying with some string.
4. Smoke, using wood of choice (hickory), at 250 F for 2 to 2½ hours. Internal temperature of the meat should be 165 F.
5. Brush with BBQ sauce before serving.
To prepare this stuffing, you’ll need two tbsp of butter, 8 oz mushrooms, finely chopped, one onion and two garlic cloves, minced, ½ cup chopped parsley
and salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare the stuffing by melting the butter in a saucepan. Then, add onions, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until the onions are tender. After that, add parsley, salt and pepper and cook another few minutes. Remove the mushroom stuffing from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
Chorizo and Monterey Jack Stuffing
This other option of stuffing, will take one tbsp olive oil, ½ pound chorizo meat, one jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, ¼ red onion and one garlic clove, diced, and one cup of Monterey jack cheese, grated.
1. Heat the oil in a skillet, then add the garlic, chorizo, onion and jalapeno. Cook until vegetables are tender and chorizo is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
2. Bring to room temperature.and stir in the Monterey jack cheese.
Sun Dried Tomato and Mozzarella Stuffing
Ingredients are four to six sun-dried tomatoes, minced, two tbsp parsley, one garlic clove and three shallots, minced, 1/2 tsp salt and one cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
Just mix all ingredients together until well combined.