Italian style pasta with Parmesan cheese is a good match for smoked shrimp. Try this Smoked Shrimp and Pesto Linguine recipe. It’s the easiest way to prepare a fancy dinner.
1 Pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Tbsp oil, divided
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp salt
1 Red pepper, cored and diced
1 Bunch of asparagus, chopped into 4 smaller pieces
½ Cup pesto
⅓ Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
500 g Linguine pasta, cooked according to directions
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tbsp oil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt. Place the shrimp on smoker racks.
- Set the smoker to 225°F using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes of choice (Alder, Apple, or Pacific Blend all work great).
- Smoke the shrimp until they turn pink. This can take 30-45 minutes.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to a skillet and set to medium heat. Add red pepper and asparagus and cook, stirring often until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the pesto and Parmesan and remove from heat.
- Toss the cooked linguine pasta with the shrimp, red peppers and asparagus mixture.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka