This tasty sauce is nice as a salad dressing or for dipping.
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb.) large fresh scallops or shelled prawns/shrimp
- 50 ml (1 cup) sliced green onions
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) each vegetable oil, Soy sauce, dry sherry
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) chopped fresh ginger, or to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) sugar
- Combine green onions, oil, Soy sauce, sherry, ginger, and sugar, in a ceramic bowl
- Add the scallops or shellfish into the mixture
- Marinate at room temperature for up to 30 minutes
- Drain, reserving marinade
- Place marinated seafood onto oiled racks
- Brush seafood with marinade.
Follow the previous Smoked Seafood basic recipe.
Ready to Serve:
- Place marinade smoked seafood on a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Sprinkle with reserved marinade.
- Set aside a bowl of reserved marinade