This recipe to Smoked Sausage & Cheddar Quiche has lots of gooey cheese and smoked flavour for a hearty breakfast or brunch. You can always use a smoked cheese in place of Cheddar as well.
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6-8
- 8 breakfast sausages
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 19 inch pre-baked pie shell
- Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Apple or Cherry
For smoking breakfast sausage:
- Place the breakfast sausages, side by side on smoker racks or magic mats, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Start up the smoker, using wood bisquettes of choice (apple or cherry works very well!). Bring the smoker up to a temperature of 250°F.
- Place the breakfast sausages in the smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. The time can vary based on the thickness and size of the sausages. Usually, it can take from 2 to 3 hours.
For the quiche
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice smoked sausages into 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the smoked breakfast sausage and grated cheddar.
- Pour the egg mixture in the pre-baked pie shell. Make sure the filling is evenly spread in the pie shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.