Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6-8
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 leek, rinsed and sliced thinly
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup smoked salmon, crumbled
- 100g brie, cubed
- 1 9 inch pre-baked pie shell
- Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Alder or Pacific Blend
Instructions for Smoking Salmon
- Set the smoker to 180°F using wood, Alder or Pacific Blend bisquettes.
- Smoke the fish for around 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 145°F.
For the Quiche
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add leeks and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crumbled smoked salmon, cubed brie and the sautéed leeks.
- Pour the egg mixture in the pre-baked pie shell. Make sure the filling is evenly spread in the pie shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.