This smoked pork souvlaki is full of flavour. Serve it with Greek salad, rice or on a pita bread.
Prep Time: 30 minutes (plus 1-2 hours of marinating) Yield: Serves 4 or more
1 1/2 to 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp sugar
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Maple or Oak
- Cut the pork loin into even sized 1 inch cubes.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients to make the souvlaki rub/paste.
- Place the cubed pork in a large bowl and add the souvlaki paste. Toss the meat so that all are coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 20-30 minutes
- Thread the marinated pork cubes onto the skewers. Place the skewers, side by side on smoker racks, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Start up the smoker, using wood bisquettes of choice (maple or oak works very well!). Bring the smoker up to a temperature of 250°F.
- Place the pork skewers in the smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 155°F, about 2 1/2 hours.