This recipe uses a pork loin roast with a rub for the main components of a salad, but leftovers are great in a sandwich or other dishes.
One 2 pound pork loin roast
1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
2 tbsp honey
4 cups arugula
1 royal gala apple, cored and diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2/3 cup poppy seed salad dressing
Bradley Smoker Flavor Bisquettes – Hickory, Apple or Cherry
- In a small bowl, mix together the Dijon mustard, salt, garlic powder, mustard seeds, black pepper, parsley and honey.
- Spread the mustard spice mixture all over the pork loin and place it on the smoker rack.
- Set the smoker to 275°F, using wood bisquettes of choice (hickory, apple and cherry work great).
- Smoke the pork loin until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (this can take around 2 1/2 – 3 hours).
- Let the pork rest 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2 inch medallions and then slice the medallions into 1/2 inch strips.
- Assemble the salad on individual plates, by laying some arugula, apple, cranberries, almonds and green onions. Top with some smoked pork strips and drizzle with poppy seed dressing.
- Serve immediately.