Prep Time: 20 minutes Yield: Serves 4
This rub recipe is so full of flavour, you won’t need anything else. Smoke the meat using cherry, Maple or Oak bisquettes. Any of them will work great.
4 boneless pork loin chops (1 1/2 inch thick)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup salsa
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Maple, Oak or Cherry
- Holding knife horizontally, insert into the thick end of each pork chop and cut to make a deep pocket. Be careful not to pierce through the other end.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, salt, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Rub the mixture all over the outside of the pork chops.
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, black beans and salsa. Spoon into the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops on smoker racks.
- Set the smoker to 250°F using wood bisquettes of choice (Maple, Oak or Cherry work great).
- Smoke the pork until they reach an internal temperature of 155°F, approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve immediately.