The sweet taste of dried fruit pairs well with pork, and smoking the chops adds another layer of flavour. This versatile dish is great for a family dinner, or an outdoor meal with guests.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 2-3 hours Yield: Serves 4
- Holding your knife horizontally, insert into the thick end of each pork chop and cut to make a deep pocket. Be careful not to pierce through the other end.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Spoon out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and rub all over the outside of the pork chops.
- In a large bowl toss together the apples, cranberries and almonds. Stir in remaining brown sugar mixture. Spoon into the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops on smoker racks.
- Set the smoker to 250°F using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes of choice (Cherry, Maple, or Oak work great).
- Smoke the pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 155°F, approximately 2½ hours.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka