- Bone-in Pork Loin Roast
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves sliced in half
For the marinade you’ll need 250 ml (1 c) salt, 250 ml (1/2 c) brown sugar and a can of frozen apple juice concentrate. Then add garlic powder, seasoning salt, and soy sauce 15 ml (1 tsp) each, 125 ml (1/4 c) white sugar, 125 ml (1/4 c) honey and 250 ml (1 c) teriyaki, Jamaican jerk, or marinade of your choice.
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large non-metallic mixing bowl.
- Take roast and make random insertions with a sharp knife.
- Stuff the cloves of garlic into the insertions made in the meat.
- Place the roast in the mixing bowl with the marinade and add enough water to cover the roast.
- Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and store in a cool place overnight.
- In the morning, remove the roast and allow to air dry for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 90°C (200°F).
- Using Apple flavour bisquettes and leaving the damper closed smoke/cook for 6 to 10 hours depending on the size of your roast.
This roast is nice with stir fry vegetables and rice. Pineapple wedges add a striking contrast – add to the Bradley Smoker for the last 1/2 hour.