3-5 Lbs beef round roasts
• 1 Tbsp Tenderquick for each lb. of beef
• 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar for each lb. of beef
• 1 Tbsp Cracked black pepper
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 3 bay leaves (crushed)
• 1 dried chili pepper (crushed)
• 10 juniper berries (crushed)
- Trim beef well of all fat and sinew.
- Mix all cure ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub cure over the entire surface of the meat. Coat well. Place roasts along with the remaining cure into a gallon Ziploc bag. Place the bag into fridge for 12 days, turning every couple days.
Smoke at 130 F (54.4C) for 8-12 hours.
- Bump smoker up to 160 F (71.1C). And smoke until internal temp of meat reaches 135 F (57.2C) .
- Place roasts back into the fridge (uncovered) for 5 days to dry before slicing. Slice thin
If you don’t feel comfortable with the 135°F (57.2C) internal temperature cook until it is 140°F (60C)