Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus 1 hour of marinating) Yield: Serves 4 or more
8 Lamb loin chops
½ Cup pesto
½ Cup feta cheese
¼ Cup 10% cream
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ Tsp salt
½ Tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a bowl, toss the lamb chops in the pesto and make sure they are evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
- Place the lamb chops on a smoker rack.
- Set the smoker to 250°F using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Apple, Oak, Hickory, or another milder wood.
- Smoke the lamb chops for around 2 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches about 145°F, which is a nice medium rare. Some people prefer their lamb more rare while others like it more well done, so monitor the temperature and remove at desired doneness.
- During smoking, make the sauce by adding feta, cream, oil, salt and pepper in a blender jar. Blend until smooth and creamy. The consistency should be similar to sour cream. If needed, add a little extra cream during blending to thin the sauce.
- Remove lamb chops from smoker and serve with the creamy feta sauce.
By: Steve Cylka