- 500 g (1 lb) ground venison (or substitute any ground meat)
- 1 medium size fine chopped onion
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) salt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Egg
- Beat the egg in a large glass bowl until smooth.
- Add the meat, salt, and onions.
- Mix together until it is blended very well.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours allowing the meat to set up.
- Remove from refrigerator and hand form 5 to 6 evenly sized hamburger patties.
- Place on greased Bradley Smoker racks and sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 90°C (200°F).
- Using Hickory flavour bisquettes, place racks of patties in the Bradley Smoker and cook/smoke for 1/4 to 1/2 of an hour.
- Remove from the Bradley Smoker and place on hot grill to finish cooking.
For further flavour delights:
- Smoke onion slices and mushrooms along side the burgers.
- Garnish with cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, bacon if desired and your favourite hamburger complements, such as tomatoes or lettuce.
- Serve inside big crusty hamburger buns or slabs of grilled garlic bread. This will be your tastiest, juiciest game burger ever!