Garlic and prawns are a classic combination that take on new levels of flavour when you add smoking into the mix. Serve on their own, alongside smoked vegetables, or with your favorite dipping sauce.
2 dozen large prawns
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Bradley Smoker Bisquettes – Mesquite
- Soak wood or bamboo skewers in water.
- Mix together ingredients for rub.
- Toss prawns in minced garlic and rub.
- Place in fridge for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat smoker to 200°F with Mesquite bisquettes.
- Skewer prawns and place in smoker, or place on a Magic Mat and then in smoker.
- Smoke for approximately 30 minutes, or until prawns turn pink.
By Lena Clayton