Try this Smoked Duck with Apple, Extra Old Cheddar and Mixed Green Salad. It is a healthy and delicious way to eat vegetables. After you smoke the duck breasts, there is not much left to do. Just toss the cubed meat in a large bowl, and place some mixed greens on a plate. Top with celery, apples, onions and cheddar. Drizzle with salad dressing before serving.
- 2 Boneless duck breasts
- 6 Cups mixed greens
- 3 Celery Stalks, sliced
- 2 Apples (royal gala, red delicious), cured and cubed
- 1 Sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup extra old cheddar, cut into ½” cubes
- ½ Cup salad dressing (sweet onion or poppy seed)
- Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Cherry, Maple, Pecan, or other fruit woods
1. Place the duck breasts on a smoker rack.
3. Smoke the duck for around 2½ – 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150°F.
4. Place the duck in a fridge to chill. Once cold, peel back the skin and cut into small cubes.
5. Assemble salad by placing some mixed greens on a plate. Top with celery, apples, onions, cheddar, and cubed duck. Drizzle with salad dressing.