Brisket is a good cut to make corned beef because it has a nice fat content. It’s also important to slice corned beef against the grain. So, you’ll need 750 g (1 1/2 lb.) raw corned beef brisket.
- Preheat smoker to approximately 100°C (220°F)
- Partially open damper and turn heat down a notch or two to 90°C (190°F)
- Place raw meat on an oiled rack
- Smoke cook for 5 – 6 hours or until meat is cooked through. An instant meat thermometer should read 70°C (160°F). Cooking time will vary depending on weather and wind conditions. If you wish, smoke can be turned off after 4 hours or when desired smokiness is reached.
Ready to serve:
- Slice very thinly across the grain.
- Keep refrigerated.