This a a great opportunity to show your abilities as a smoker. To prepare this Smoked Cheesy Chicken and Salsa Quesadilla recipe, use some smoked chicken you have. For that extra smoky flavour try smoked cheddar cheese.
4 Soft flour tortillas
8 Tbsp cream cheese
8 Tbsp salsa
2 Cups cubed smoked chicken breasts
2 Jalapeno peppers, cored and minced
¾ Cup grated cheddar cheese – for that extra smoky flavour try smoked cheddar cheese
¾ Cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Lay the 4 soft tortilla shells on a cookie sheet.
- Assemble the quesadillas by placing a quarter of each remaining ingredient.
- Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese on half of each tortilla shell. Spread 2 tbsp of salsa on top of the cream cheese.
- Evenly spread remaining ingredients on top of the salsa and cream cheese.
- Fold each tortilla shell over the toppings creating a half moon shape.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for about 10 minutes, or until the tortilla shell starts to brown/crisp up and the cheese is melted.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka