The true is that everybody likes meatballs. This meatball recipe makes great bite-size appetizers and are perfect for parties or tailgates. They would also be delicious in a meatball sandwich!
It takes just 20 minutes to prepare. Fire up your Bradley Smoker and use Special Blend bisquettes for a special smoky taste.
• 2 pounds ground chicken
• 1 tbsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 egg
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• 1/3 cup milk
• 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, divided
• 1 red pepper, cored and minced
• 150 g pepper jack cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
• Bradley Smoker Special Blend Bisquettes (or your choice)
1. Set the smoker to 275°F using wood bisquettes of your choice.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the ground chicken, chili powder, salt, egg, bread cumbs, milk, 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce and minced red pepper until thoroughly combined.
3. Grab a small handful of the meat mixture and form a meatball that is about 1 1/2 inches in size. Make a small indentation in the middle, with your thumb. Press a cube of pepper jack cheese into the indentation and fold the meat around the cheese so that it is covered. Using your two hands, roll the meat around so that it is fairly round. Place the meatball on the Bradley Smoker racks, or lay a Bradley Magic Mat over the rack before adding the meatballs, to make cleaning up easier. Do this with the remaining meat and cheese.
4. Place the smoking racks in the Bradley Smoker. Smoke the meatballs until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F, about 2 1/2 hours.
5. Brush remaining 1/2 cup BBQ sauce on top of the meatballs.