To make this Smoked Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Pasta Bake recipe, you can use any dry pasta, like rotini, fusili, penne, etc. But one thing you can not do is to compromise the cheese. Use only smoked cheddar cheese
500 g or about 1 pound dry pasta (rotini, fusili, penne, etc.)
¼ Cup butter
¼ Cup flour
2 Cups milk
1 Tsp salt
½ Tsp ground black pepper
1½ Cups grated smoked cheddar cheese
1 Cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
3 Cups chopped broccoli, cooked
2 Cups cooked ham, cubed
- Cook the pasta according to packaged instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, melt the ¼ cup of butter. Whisk in the flour until smooth. This creates a roux. Continue to whisk it for a minute.
- While whisking, slowly pour in the milk. Once smooth, add 1 cup of the smoked cheddar cheese, and 1 cup of the smoked Gouda cheese. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the pasta, cheese sauce, cooked broccoli, and cubed ham until all the noodles are covered in some sauce and the ham and broccoli are evenly distributed. Spread the mixture in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of smoked cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in oven set at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka