There is about a gazillion ways to make your own burger. Even the way it’s prepared, there are so many options; grilled, smoked, fried burgers and the list goes on and on. For me personally, a burger is where I like to go and try something new every time I make them. Some experiments are more successful than others, but the recipe below is definitely one of my new favorite ways to make a delicious homemade burger! A smoked Cheddar Chorizo burger is to die for. The spices of the chorizo blended with the smooth taste of cheddar, and smoked for that juiciness and tenderness. This is a must try for anyone who likes burgers!
Makes about 12 to 16 burger patties
2 pounds fresh chorizo sausage meat (casings removed)
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix together the chorizo meat with the grated cheddar cheese. Use your hands to knead the chorizo mixture until the cheese is mixed through the meat.
2. Shape the chorizo mixture into 4 – 5 burgers and place them on smoker racks. Make sure the burgers are not touching.
3. Start up the smoker, using Bradley wood bisquettes of choice (hickory or whiskey oak works very well!). Bring your Bradley smoker up to a temperature of 250 F.
4. Place the burgers in the smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
5. Serve on a burger bun with toppings and condiments of choice.