Delicious sandwich recipe! Perfect for a quick snack, because fish takes less than two hours to smoke.
1 cup Louisiana hot sauce (like Frank’s or other brand)
3 tilapia fillets
1 red pepper, cored and diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
8 slices bread
Lettuce or other toppings for the sandwiches
1. In a large bowl, cover the tilapia fillets in the 1 cup hot sauce. Turn the fish so they are completely coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 2 hours.
2. Set the smoker to 275 F using wood bisquettes of choice (Alder, Pacific, Apple).
3. Remove the tilapia fillets from the marinade and place them on a smoker rack and put the rack in the Bradley smoker. Smoke the fish until they reach an internal temperature of 145 F, about 2 hours. Let the fish cool in the fridge.
4. Crumble the fish fillets in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the diced red pepper, sliced green onions, Miracle Whip, and remaining 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, until well combined.
5. Spread some of the tilapia salad mixture on a bread slice. Top with lettuce or other toppings, and place another bread slice on top. Do this with the remaining bread slices.