Perfect for those cold days when everything you want is a hearty comfort food. This Smoked Brisket and Bean Chili is a one-dish meal that will satisfy everybody. Use smoked brisket leftovers, if you have some.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Serves: 6
1 Tbsp oil
1 Medium onion, diced
3 Celery stalks, diced
1 Red pepper, cored and diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 ½ Cups smoked brisket, cut into small chunks
1 28 Oz. can diced tomatoes
3 Cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 Cup freshly brewed coffee
3 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp fresh ground black pepper
½ Tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat oil on medium heat in a dutch oven or large pot.
- Add onion, celery, pepper, and garlic to the dutch oven and fry, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add smoked brisket and cook, stirring often for about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, stir and cover with a lid.
- Let the chili simmer for 90 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka