1 Kg ground beef
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ Onion, chopped
3 Garlic cloves, minced
3-4 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
500mL Tomato sauce
2 Tsp paprika
1 Tsp dried basil
2 Tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp butter
Package of your favorite pasta
Bradley Flavor Bisquttes – Apple
- Preheat smoker to 200-225°F with Apple Flavor Bisquettes.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pot, or deep cast iron pan.
- Add ground beef, garlic, and onions to the pan.
- Once the beef is browning and the onions have become translucent add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, paprika, basil, oregano, salt and pepper, and stir together.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cast iron pot from stove, and place in preheated smoker.
- Smoke for 1 – 1½ hours, stiring occasionally.
- While sauce is smoking, prepare the pasta of your choosing (as per the instructions). You can never go wrong with the classic spaghetti.
- When sauce is finished smoking, remove from smoker and stir in butter.
- Drain pasta once cooked, and serve with your freshly smoked Bolognese sauce.