- 500 g (1 lb) fresh center cut beef tenderloin
- Parmesan reggiano
- 15 g (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 g (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 5 g (1 tsp) olive oil
- 3 g (1/2 tsp) honey
Prepare the mustard sauce by mixing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place beef tenderloin on top smoker rack.
- Using Mesquite flavour bisquettes and the smoke generator only (do not add heat) smoke for approximately one hour.
- Make certain the top vent is open and try to keep the temperature under 30°C (90°F). You may have to open the door of the Bradley Smoker to keep heat down. Remove tenderloin from the smoker, wrap in tin foil and freeze for 30 minutes.
Remove foil from the beef tenderloin and slice it paper-thin; the freezing should help you slice it thin. Lay slices, decoratively, on a large platter, drizzle the mustard sauce over the meat. Garnish with capers and grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately as an appetizer with slices of baguette or crackers.