Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: 1 loaf
- With the skin still on the bananas, slice them lengthwise. Place the banana halves, skin side down on your Bradley Smoker racks.
- Set the smoker to 250°F using mild wood bisquettes such as alder, apple or cherry.
- Smoke the banana halves for 30 minutes. Remove from smoker and cool to room temperature. Remove skins from the bananas and mash them with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan, then shake 1 Tbsp of flour around the loaf pan to coat the grease with flour.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat remaining ingredients until mixed well. Fold flour (and optional nuts/chocolate chips) into wet mixture until flour is just moist (do not mix with mixer or the bread can become too dense).
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka