- Vanilla Soy Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Hungry Jack Lite Syrup
- Tones Premixed Salmon and Seafood Seasoning
- Cobia; fillets
- Combine brown sugar and Vanilla Soy Milk, Hungry Jack Lite Syrup, Tones Premixed Salmon and Seafood Seasoning and Equal. Stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Use enough Soy milk and syrup to cover the fish, and enough brown sugar to sweeten to your particular taste.
- Place fish in one gallon sealable plastic bags, and pour marinade over the fish. Refrigerate and marinate overnight turning bag over occasionally.
- Remove fish from the plastic bags.
- Slice fish into 2″ chunks, then wrap with bacon strips, and secure with toothpicks.
- Smoke for about 2 1/2 hours (depending on the thickness of the fish) at 150 degrees F; use apple smoke pucks for 2 hours (check fish for doness at the 2 hour mark).
- Fish is done when it flakes easily.
Comment by Gator: Came out mouth watering, with NO fishy taste! I would recommend anyone give this a try.