The sizzle of bacon….. oh what a sound!
If there is anything that is truly drool-worthy in this world, then it has to be bacon. Who doesn’t absolutely love bacon? There is nothing like the smell of bacon frying on a skillet. Bacon is great in a sandwich, on pizza, in a salad, pasta, and oh so much more. Today, we’re going to embark on making the most delicious smoked bacon on earth!
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Demerara (brown) sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fine pepper
- 1 level teaspoon of Prague #1 pink Powder
- I started out with a 5-pound skinned belly.
- Rubbed it all over with my seasoning/cure and wrapped it tightly (3 times) with a plastic food wrapper.
- I then placed it in the fridge for 5 days.
- Rinsed it completely, dried it, then back in the fridge again for 24 hours.
- I then sprinkled it with coarse pepper and placed it in the smoker.
- Using Alder wood Bisquettes, I set the temperature for 100C/200F it smoked for 4 hours. After 2 hours, I mopped pure natural honey all over the belly and returned it to the smoker. The smoker shut itself off automatically but I left it in the smoker overnight. The next morning I sliced it and fried up the best tasting Bacon I ever ate.