- 12 country style pork ribs
- 250 ml (1 c) soy sauce
- 250 ml (1 c) sherry
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) freshly grated ginger root
- 3 cloves crushed/minced garlic
- 60 ml (1/4 c) white sugar
- 90 ml (1/3 c) white vinegar
- 180 ml (2/3 c) water
- 60 ml (1/4 c) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ketchup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- Oven roast ribs at 135°C (275°F) for one hour.
- Remove from oven and allow ribs to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together marinade ingredients.
- Place ribs in a shallow glass or non-metallic dish and pour marinade over top.
- Cover dish and refrigerate overnight turning once or twice.
- Remove ribs from refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat Bradley Smoker to 95°C to 105°C (200°F to 220°F).
- Place ribs on racks in the Bradley Smoker and using Hickory flavour bisquettes smoke/cook for between 2 and 3 hours.
Serve with dipping sauce.
For dipping sauce
- Mix together dipping sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.