Wouldn’t you start your day with dessert if you had some hanging around the kitchen?
(This makes one pie crust)
- 1 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup. Cold Water
- 1 tsp. White Vinegar
- 5 Apples
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
Bradley Smoker Setting:
Cook Time: 95 Minutes
Temp: 320F or 160C
Smoke Time: 20 Minutes (Optional)
- In a bowl add 1 cup flour and ½ cup shortening, and mix using a pastry cutter. Next, add ¼ cup cold water, 1 tsp. vinegar, and mix until the crust is formed. Be careful not to over mix.
- Using a floured surface, roll out the dough and form it into a circular shape.
- Place the dough into the pie pan and cut off any pieces that are too long or stick out of your pan.
- Using a peeler, peel each apple and cut it into small pieces. Be sure to leave out the core and seeds (Those won’t taste too good).
- In a mixing bowl add the sliced apples, 1 cup sugar, 2 tbsp. four, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. vanilla, and mix.
- Add the pie filling into the pie pan and cover with another pie crust. Pinch the pie crust all the way around the pan using a fork or your fingers.
- Make 4 slits into the center of the crust.
- Place into the Bradley Smoker at 320F (160C) for 1 hour and 35 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes before serving, Enjoy!