This Skillet Corn with Smoked Sausage recipe makes a delicious side dish. After you smoke the sausages, it will take you just a few minutes to finish the recipe. If you happen to have smoked sausages beforehand, this will be a one-skillet dish, so easy to make.
1 Pound Italian sausage (mild or hot)
2 Tbsp oil
1 Red pepper, cored and diced
1 Onion, peeled and diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
8 Ears of corn on the cob
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 Tsp salt
½ Tsp black pepper
- Set the smoker to 275°F using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes of choice.
- Place Italian sausages on a smoker rack and smoke until cooked through and the internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Remove from smoker and let cool slightly.
- Cut the sausages into ½ inch slices.
- Cut the kernels off the cob by placing the base of the ear on a cutting board and start the knife at the top, cutting the kernels off as you work your way down.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the red pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute, stirring often for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and continue to fry for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced smoked Italian sausages, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to cook for about 7-10 minutes. The corn should be tender and cooked.