This Savory Smoked Summer Sausage Recipe will be ready in approximately 4 to 5 hours. They will reach the best enhanced flavour if you use hickory bisquettes.
To store, wrap in foil, put in plastic bags and freeze. Take out an hour before serving, slice and serve with cheese and crackers as an appetizer.
● 2.5 kg (5 lb) regular ground beef (not extra lean)
● 25 ml (5 tsp) curing salt
● 18 ml (3-1/2 tsp) mustard seed
● 13 ml (2-1/2 tsp) coarse black pepper
● 3 ml (1/2 tsp) garlic salt
● 250 ml (1 cup) water
● cooking oil
1. In a large glass bowl, mix together all the ingredients by hand.
2. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours. mixing twice during this time.
3. Form the meat into 5 rolls approximately 8 cm (13″) in diameter.
4. Place the rolls on oiled smoker racks
1. Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 95°C and 105°C (200°F and 220°F).
2. Place rolls in the Bradley Smoker
3. Using Hickory flavor bisquettes
4. Smoke/cook for approximately 4 to 5 hours. Or until meat thermometer reads 70°C to 75°C
(160°F to 165°F).
To store: wrap in foil, put in plastic bags and freeze. Take out an hour before serving, slice and
serve with cheese and crackers as an appetizer.