The savory smoked summer sausage recipe will be ready in approximately 4 to 5 hours, and reach the best enhanced flavor using hickory bisquettes.
● 2.5kg (5lb) regular ground beef (not extra lean)
● 25ml (5tsp) curing salt
● 18ml (3-1/2tsp) mustard seed
● 13ml (2-1/2tsp) coarse black pepper
● 3ml (1/2tsp) garlic salt
● 250ml (1 cup) water
● cooking oil
1. In a large glass bowl, mix together all the ingredients by hand.
2. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours. mixing twice during this time.
3. Form the meat into 5 rolls approximately 8cm (13″) in diameter.
4. Place the rolls on oiled smoker racks
1. Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 95°C and 105°C (200°F and 220°F).
2. Place rolls in the Bradley Smoker
3. Using Hickory flavor bisquettes
4. Smoke/cook for approximately 4 to 5 hours. Or until meat thermometer reads 70°C to 75°C
(160°F to 165°F).
To store: wrap in foil, put in plastic bags and freeze. Take out an hour before serving, slice and
serve with cheese and crackers as an appetizer.