Almost everybody who owns a Smoker loves to make pulled pork. That’s why especially for pulled pork we try to make sure you have plenty of recipes to choose from, when visiting the Recipe section of the Bradley Smoker Website.
Approximately 3 kg pork butt
½ cup molasses
350 g kosher salt
6 cups water
For dry rub:
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp cayenne
½ tsp ground anise seed
1 tsp ground fennel seed
2 tsp cumin
1. Dissolve salt & molasses in water
2. Submerge pork butt in brine
3. Cover container and place in refrigerator overnight
4. After brining for 12 hours, remove from brine and pat dry
5. Combine ingredients for dry rub in a small bowl
6. Pat rub evenly over pork butt
7. Preheat smoker with Bradley hickory bisquettes to 210°F and place pork butt in smoker
8. After 6 hours, check for doneness. If meat tears apart easily when pulling with a fork, then it is ready!
9. Allow to rest for 1 hour
10. Pull meat apart with forks and serve!