Start by smoking the meat to prepare this irresistible Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe. This way, the smoky flavour will infuse the meat and prepare it for the sauces. Sprinkle with brown sugar and drizzle BBQ sauce, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce all over. Cover with the foil and place back in the smoker.
1 Pork belly
2 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tsp ground black pepper
1 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp dry mustard
½ Tsp thyme
½ Cup butter, cubed
1 Cup brown sugar
½ Cup BBQ sauce
2 Tbsp hot sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – wood bisquettes of choice
- Set the smoker to 250°F, using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes of choice.
- Using a long sharp knife, remove the rind by slicing it away from the rest of the pork belly.
- Mix paprika, slat, black pepper, garlic powder, dry mustard, and thyme to make the seasoning. Rub the seasoning all over all sides of the pork belly.
- Place pork belly on a smoker rack and put it in the smoker. Smoke until the pork belly reaches an internal temperature of 175°F. This will take a few hours.
- Remove the pork belly from the smoker and let cool slightly so you can handle it.
- Slice the pork belly into 1 inch square chunks.
- Spread the cubed pork belly evenly in a disposable aluminum tray with high sides.
- Place the cubes of butter on top of the pork. Sprinkle with brown sugar and drizzle BBQ sauce, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce all over.
- Cover with the foil and place back in the smoker.
- Smoke for an additional hour. Remove foil and stir the pork belly cubes in the sauce.
- Continue to smoke until the cubes caramelize and reach an internal temperature of 195-205°F. Stir a couple more times during this final smoke.