This recipe will accommodate 7.5 kg (15 lb) of fish. It is important to make certain all the fish is covered with the brine/ marinade.
- 125 ml (1/2 c) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 c) coarse salt (non-iodized)
- 500 ml (2 c) soya sauce
- 1 750 ml (24 oz) bottle white wine
- 1 litre (32 oz) apple juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) onion powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) hot sauce
- your choice of fish
- cooking oil
Mix marinade/brine ingredients together in a non-metallic bowl. Place fish in brine making certain it is covered completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove fish from brine and towel dry.
Place fish on oiled racks in the Bradley Smoker. Using Cherry flavour bisquettes smoke at 50°C to 65°C (135°F to 150°F) for approximately 6 to 8 hours. Suggest adding smoke for about 3 to 4 hours.
Serve with crackers and cream cheese for an appetizer.