The secret to make this Perfect Smoked Duck Breast recipe lies in the marinade. Apple juice is the guarantee that the meat will turn out juicy and tender. Serve it on its own. Or try making a sandwich, salad, wrap, or serve on pasta.
- 2 boneless duck breasts
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tbsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Preparation: 15 minutes (plus 4 hours of marinating)
- Mix together the juice with all the salt, sugar and spices until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Place the duck in a dish and pour in the brine. Turn the duck a couple times and cover the dish with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and let the fish marinate for 4 hours
- Place the duck breast on a smoker rack.
- Set the smoker to 250 F using wood Cherry, Pecan, Maple or other wood bisquettes.
- Smoke the duck for around 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150 F.