- 2 boneless duck breasts
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tbsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Preparation: 15 minutes (plus 4 hours of marinating)
- Mix together the juice with all the salt, sugar and spices until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Place the duck in a dish and pour in the brine. Turn the duck a couple times and cover the dish with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and let the fish marinate for 4 hours
- Place the duck breast on a smoker rack.
- Set the smoker to 250F using wood Cherry, Pecan, Maple or other wood bisquettes.
- Smoke the duck for around 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150F.