For all those Bacon Lovers out there, one of the best bacon recipe ever! Just a few simple ingredients, a Bradley Smoker and lots of patience to make it low and slow.
1 whole pork loin roast
Bradley Maple Sugar Cure (amount dependant on the weight of the loin roast)
1. Trim the pork loin roast by removing most of the fat on the outside.
2. Once trimmed, weigh the pork loin. Then measure out the required Maple Sugar Cure. 3 tablespoons are needed for every 5 pounds of meat. Use a calculator to determine the ratio and needed amount.
3. Rub the measured out cure all over the pork loin. Make sure to rub it in all sides of the meat.
4. Place pork loin in a large freezer bag or food safe vacuum seal bag.
5. Leave the pork loin in the fridge for 7-10 days, flipping it twice a day.
6. After curing in the fridge, rinse the pork loin thoroughly under cold water.
7. Place the meat on a plate and put back in the fridge for 8 hours. This dries the outside of the meat enhancing the smoking process.
8. Set the smoker to 250 F using maple wood bisquettes.
9. Place the pork loin on a smoker rack.
10. Smoke the pork loin until it reaches an internal temperature of 155 F.
11. Remove the back bacon from the smoker and let it rest for one hour.
12. Slice the back bacon and fry in a frying pan. Serve on a sandwich, with eggs or just on its own!
By Steve Cylka