Get the party started with these tasty little Poppers in no time at all! You can leave the seeds in, or take them out. It all depends on how you like the heat! The recipe yields 20 Poppers.
- 1 package Cream Cheese (8oz)
- 2 tbsp Fine Chopped Chives + 1 tbsp extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup Extra Old White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 lbs (8oz or 1 cup) fine Chopped Wild Sockeye Salmon – Reserve a couple small pieces for toppings
- 10 Jalapeño, halved and cleaned (wear gloves for that)
- Preheat your Bradley Smoker to 320 F (160C) and run some Ginger Sesame Pucks for this one. In a bowl, mix together Cream Cheese, Chives, Old White Cheddar, And Chopped Salmon. Mix well!
- Cut and hollow the jalapeños and layout on a lined rack. Stuff the jalapeños and space them out on the rack to make sure they aren’t touching each other.
- Place in the smoker and run for 40 min. Check at 30 min to make sure they don’t overcook.
- Pull from the Smoker and top with reserved Salmon. Let go under the broiler in your oven for 2-4 min to color it up, or take a torch and sear the tops of the poppers and color up the smoked salmon too!!!
- Once done, pull from the oven and top with Chives!
Recipe by: Cory Walby – Saturday night test kitchen