A delicious smoked turkey for Thanksgiving! Just some simple seasoning and the Bradley Smoker excellence.
- 20 Pound turkey
- 6 Minced cloves garlic
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Pound butter
- Preheat your smoker to 300°F (148°C) for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add butter, garlic, thyme, rosemary, black pepper and kosher salt.
- Separate the skin from the breast on the turkey, and stuff the butter-herb mixture inside this “pocket”. Cover the entire breast with the mixture and season the whole turkey with salt and pepper.
- Smoke the turkey for 3 to 4 hours. You can use cherry bisquettes. The desired internal temperature is 175°F (80°C) in the thigh, and 160°F (71°C) in the breast. Once taken off the smoker, the turkey will continue to cook to reach a final temperature of 165°F (74°C) in the breast.
- Before serving, let it rest for 15 minutes and enjoy!