An easy smoked trout recipe for a great lunch or dinner with family and friends.
- 8 rainbow trout fillets
- 1 Gallon water
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- Clean and butterfly the fish.
- For the brine, combine the water, brown sugar, salt, soy sauce and black pepper and stir until everything is dissolved. Add the trout to the brine and let it rest in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F (107°C).
- Remove the fish from the brine and pat dry. Smoked the fish for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You can use cherry bisquettes for this recipe. Serve it hot or cold.