How to make a smoked tomato appetizer. In this video, Joe smokes some tomatoes and turns them into a very tasty smoked tomato appetizer. Check out our food smoking blog for some creative recipes: https://bit.ly/2I1XtoU
1 small diced onion
4 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Directions to the recipe: 1. With a knife, take out the core of the tomatoes.
2. Once you’ve taken out the core, slice each tomato in quarters and proceed to remove the seeds from the tomatoes.
3. Put your tomatoes on a rack and sprinkle them with kosher salt, and pepper.
4. Once your tomatoes are in the smoker, put the temperature to 250 F (121 C), put the cook time for 1 hour and 30 minutes, and the smoke time for 1 hour. Add four hickory bisquettes at the bottom.
5. While the tomatoes are smoking, pour oil on a frying pan and add your diced onions, garlic, and thyme.
6. Once your garlic, onions, and thyme give a golden-brown color, turn off your pan.
7. After your tomatoes are smoked, bring them out and puree them on a food processor. Add balsamic vinegar when the tomatoes are pureed.
8. Mix your pureed tomatoes with the onion, garlic, and thyme in the frying pan, add two more pieces of thyme.
9. Let your tomato, garlic, onion, and thyme mix continue to simmer on the frying pan for 30 minutes.
10. After 30 minutes are over, you can enjoy your tomatoes on a cracker or by themselves!
Recipe by: Smokin’ with Joe- Video