How to make smoked scallops. In this video, Joe smokes some sea scallops, the adductor muscle of this type of shellfish. Check out our food smoking blog for some creative recipes: https://bit.ly/2I1XtoU
For the brine:
60 grams salt
1 liter of water
For the sauce:
Directions for the recipe: 1. In a container, add 60 grams of salt into 1 liter of water.
2. Transfer the salt and water mixture into a bigger bowl and add in your frozen scallops.
3. Preheat your Bradley smoker for 1 hour and 40 minutes with 64 F (18 C). *Make sure your smoker is on smoke only, no heat*
4. Place your scallops on a rack, and slide them into your Bradley smoker.
5. After 45 minutes, take the scallops out of the smoker and dry them out. Proceed to add a little oil on a frying pan and once the oil is hot enough, add in your scallops.
6. Make sure to flip your scallops once you see the bottom of the scallops turning a bit brown.
7. Once your scallops look golden-brown on both sides, take them out, and put them on a plate.
8. For your garlic and butter sauce, melt a stick of butter on a frying pan, crush your garlic and put the garlic into the melted butter in the pan.
9. Drizzle half of a lemon on top of the scallops and add your garlic and butter sauce, enjoy!
Recipe by: Smokin’ with Joe- Video