Homemade mesquite-smoked sausages! Here’s an absolutely perfect recipe for your next BBQ party.
- 3 Pounds ground pork
- Hog casings, soaked and rinsed in cold water
- 4 Teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pink curing salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 Cup ice water
- In a small bowl, add the meat and the seasonings, mixing them well.
- Add the ice water to the meat and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Take a sausage stuffer and place the mixture in it, following its manual instructions to operate it. Make sure you don’t overstuff any of them.
- Determine your desired link length once all the meat is stuffed and pinch and twist a couple of times or tie it off.
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F (107°C).
- Place the sausages on the smoker and smoke them for 1 to 2 hours or until their internal temperature reaches 155°F (68°C). You can use mesquite bisquettes for this recipe. When done, let the sausages rest for a few minutes before serving.