How to make smoked meatloaf. In this video, Joe smokes some meatloaf, a very easy recipe to make. You may think it’s humble, but it’s actually a meal fit for a king (especially when smoked on a Bradley Smoker). Check out our food smoking blog for some creative recipes: https://bit.ly/2I1XtoU
1.5-pound lean ground beef
1 cup of milk
1 cup bread crumbs
1 diced onion
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
For the glaze
1/3 cup ketchup mixed with 2 tablespoons mustard
Directions to the recipe: 1. In a bowl, put your ground beef, egg, milk, bread crumbs, diced onion, kosher salt, ground pepper, and mix it all together using your hands.
2. Put the bowl aside and bring out a rack and put parchment paper on it.
3. Place your meatloaf onto the parchment paper, make the meatloaf have a round shape.
4. Place your meatloaf into the Bradley smoker. Put 6 hickory bisquettes below your meatloaf, put the cook temp to 320 F (160 C), and your smoke time to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
5. While the meatloaf is smoking, mix your glaze together.
6. Once the internal temp of the meatloaf is 140 F (60 C), add your glaze on your meatloaf.
7. Put the meatloaf with the glaze back in the smoker and smoke it for another hour, or till the internal temperature reaches 160 F ( 71 C).
Recipe by: Smokin’ with Joe- Video