This smoked carne asada is all you need for a perfect summer night!
- 2 Pound skirt steak
For the rub
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oranges, juiced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- In a medium bowl, make the marinade: combine the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, cilantro, olive oil, salt, cumin, pepper, jalapeño, and garlic and whisk well to dissolve the salt.
- Place the meat in a large resealable bag. Cover the meat with the marinade and let it sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove the steak from the marinade. In a small bowl, make the rub with paprika, salt, cumin and black pepper. Season the meat with this mixture and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the smoker to 225°F (107°C). Smoke the meat for 45 minutes, you can use cherry bisquettes for this recipe.
- Remove the steak from the smoker, you’re going to finish it on the grill. Preheat your grill to 450°F (232°C) and sear until the internal temperature of reaches 135°F (56°C) for medium-rare.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.