This delicious bacon recipe is awesome for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
1000g Pork belly
3g Curing salt no 1
3g White pepper ground
1 Bay leaf
2g Garlic powder
20g Maple syrup
3g Onion powder
2g Fenugreek seed
Directions to the recipe:
1. Place all ingredients and meat in a cryovac bag and seal
2. Refrigerate for 6 days, overhauling each day at least once
3. After curing, wash with cold water to remove all of the cure, leave uncovered in the fridge for 1 day until dry.
4. Hot smoke in the Bradley smoker at 176 F (80 C) until you have reached an internal temperature of 149 F (65 C).
5. It will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks, 3 months in vacuum seal, or 6 months frozen.
Recipe by: Michael Demagistris – Chef Michael Demagistris