A very delicious dinner to enjoy with family or friends. You can’t beat a good beef and a whole slow-smoked ribeye definitely a fantastic choice!
- 4 to 6 lb ribeye roast
- Fresh thyme
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
For the rub:
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarse or cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- Preheat your smoker to 250°F (120°C).
- Trim any excess fat on your roast. In a small bowl, add the garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cover your roast with this mixture. In another bow, mix all of the rub ingredients. Then, add the rub on top of the mixture, seasoning your roast. Add some thyme sprigs.
- Place the roast inside the smoker and smoke it until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 to 145°F (60 to 63°C), which should be about 3 to 4 hours. You can use hickory bisquettes for this recipe.
- Remove it from the smoker and let it rest for about 20 minutes before serving.