These smoked jalapeño poppers are the ideal appetizers for a game day!
- 12 Medium jalapeño
- 8 Ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese
- 12 Slices bacon, cut in half
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat your smoker to 180°F (82°C).
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise and scrape out any seeds with a small spoon.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each jalapeño half with this mixture. Wrap each with a half-slice of bacon, securing with a toothpick. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Smoked the jalapeños for 30 minutes. You can use mesquite bisquettes for this recipe.
- Remove them from the smoker, you’re going to finish the recipe on the grill. Preheat your grill to 320°F (160°C). Cook the poppers until the bacon is cooked to your desired doneness, about 30 minutes more. Serve them warm.