Sausages are not that hard to make. Follow this recipe and easily prepare these Smoked Herbed Turkey Sausages. Use Alder or our Premium Sage bisquettes to smoke them. Just be careful not to dehydrate them on the smoker.
3 Lbs ground turkey meat
½ Onion, finely diced
3 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 Tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
3 Tsp salt
1 Tsp black pepper
- Combine together ground turkey, onions, and all spices together.
- Soak hog casing in cold fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Flush casing with water.
- Stuff casing and twist off links.
- Preheat smoker to 225-250°F.
- Hang sausages and smoke with Premium Sage Bisquettes or Alder Bisquettes until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.